We have been out of these - - - like forever, it seems. However, the manufacturer finally got some from their factory and our re-supply order will be on our shelves, Monday, 6/2/13. Sorry for the shortage and disappointment because this very popular INSTEON item was not available.
All the great features of the ever popular INSTEON SwitchLinc Relay and it's INSTEON RF enabled!
- Remotely control any load type, such as fluorescent lights, fans and motors
- Powerful 1800 Watt capacity
- Perfect for commercial and residential applications (100-277VAC)
The SwitchLinc Remote Control On/Off Relay (Dual-Band) has the ability to communicate using both the electrical wires in the home as well as using radio frequency (RF). This increases reliability not only for the relay but for all devices on an INSTEON home control network (similar to the function of an AccessPoint). This means you will be able to control it directly with an INSTEON remote control device like the RemoteLinc. Of course, you will also have all the usual control via your Indigo system and any other linkage you may have defined with other INSTEON devices.
True Rocker Action and High Quality Construction
The INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control On/Off Relay offers the natural feel of high-end switches: tap the top to turn lights on, tap the bottom to turn lights off. You will also enjoy the crisp, tactile response with each touch, instead of the mushy feeling of other brands.
Of course, like all INSTEON modules, it’s ”2-Way.” Via Indigo, you can poll the status of the INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control On/Off Relay for an instant status report. This feature is essential when you need to know if the device being controlled is on or off, especially when you are controlling it via the web or the Indigo Touch iPhone app.
Easy to Install and Set Up
The INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control On/Off wires in like a standard wall switch, with an additional connection to a neutral wire.
If you're lucky enough to have Indigo downloaded and you have the INSTEON PowerLinc Modem, then the definition and linkage of an INSTEON device is about as easy as it gets:
- Jot down the 6 character ID located on the front of the SwitchLinc Remote Control on/Off Relay (Better be sure you do this before you put the face plate back on.)
- Go to your Mac and name your new device within Indigo and enter the ID you jotted down. Hit the Start Link button that Indigo presents to you.
- Wait for the 15-30 seconds it takes Indigo to go through the linking process.
Your device is now part of your INSTEON network. You’ll notice that there was no pushing buttons on the device or running back and forth between the device looking for solid or blinking LEDs telling you everything is okay. Kudos to Indigo for making the INSTEON setup process work so smoothly!
Power Failure Features
All INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control On/Off Relay settings are stored in static memory and are not lost during power failures. Therefore, the SwitchLinc will return to its last state (on or off) upon a power restore.
Brightness Indicator Bar and Choice of Color
A white brightness bar of 8 LEDs is on the strong> INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control On/Off Relay. This can be exceptionally helpful when it is difficult to see the light being controlled (e.g. outside or behind closed doors). A pipe color change out kit is available in a package containing assorted colors: red, blue, amber, and green OR a package containing 8 change-out pipes of all one color.
Want a Different Paddle Color?
Your INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control On/Off Relay comes out of the box with a white paddle installed. However, if white is not your choice, then the paddle can be replaced with a different color that is more suited for blending in with your décor. Easy to install paddle change out kits can be found here.
- UPC: 2477S: 813922012378
- Warranty: 2 years, limited
- LED indicator: 8 white LEDs. Optional green, blue, amber or red LEDs with #2400L kit.
- Operation modes: INSTEON only, X10 only, INSTEON and X10 combo mode
- Multi-way circuit support: One SwitchLinc Relay controls load, cross-link any number of SwitchLincs or other INSTEON Controllers
- Setup memory: Non-volatile EEPROM
- INSTEON powerline frequency: 131.65 KHz
- NSTEON minimum transmit level: 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON minimum receive level: 10 mV
- Radio frequency: 915 MHz
- RF Range >100' (open air)
- Paddle Type: True rocker action
- Line (Hot) - black, 12 AWG
- Neutral - white, 18 AWG
- Load - red, 12 AWG
- Ground - bare copper, 12 AWG
- Set button: Clear
- Air gap: Set button when pulled out
- Setup LED: 1 red/green dual-color
- Operating conditions: Indoors, 32-104°F, up to 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions: 4.1" H x 1.78" W x 1.47" D
- Supply voltage: 100-277VAC +/- 10%, 50/60Hz auto-detected at power-up
- Neutral wire: Required
- Maximum load: 17 Amp resistive capacity (100-277 VAC)v
- 1,800 Watt incandescent capacity (100-277 VAC)
- 1 HP motors (at 120 VAC only)
- Surge resistance: Up to 500 VAC
- Retains all settings without power: Yes, saved in non-volatile EEPROM
- Standby power consumption: <1 Watt