A new way for your Indigo to control your INSTEON devices! Plugs into a USB port on your Mac and transmits and receives RF INSTEON data at 915MHz. No wall outlet necessary.
What It Does
The INSTEON Portable USB Adapter is a USB based home control interface that allows Indigo to control INSTEON-compatible lights, appliances, and heating/air conditioning systems directly via the INSTEON network. It is not necessary to plug it into a 120V power outlet.
How It Works
The INSTEON Portable USB Adapter sends and receives radio frequency (RF) INSTEON signals. If you are trying to control power line only INSTEON devices, you must have at least one Access Point or dual-band INSTEON product (like the INSTEON Plug-In LampLinc Dimmer (Dual-Band) or the INSTEON SwitchLinc Remote Control Dimmer (Dual-Band) for communication. For best INSTEON network performance, be sure you have properly installed at least two dual-band INSTEON products so the two power legs in your home are bridged.
REMEMBER. . . ..
Since the INSTEON Portable USB Adapter is a RF only device, for an always on Indigo, we highly recommend the INSTEON PowerLinc Modem, USB (Dual-Band), for superior performance and reliability. "Dual-Band" means the INSTEON command coming from Indigo is put in the air via the built in RF antenna (like the Portable USB Adapter), but it is also put on the power line since it is plugged into an outlet.
- UPC: 813922010756
- Brand: Smarthome
- Warranty: 2 years, limited
- Interface: USB
- Baud Rate: 19,200 Kbps
- USB Current Draw: 0 mA
- USB ID: VID: 0x0403, PID: 0x6001
- Status LED: Green + Red LED
- Operation Modes: INSTEON only
- INSTEON Addresses: 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- INSTEON Links: 1,023
- INSTEON Messages Repeated: Yes
- INSTEON RF Range: 150' Open Air Minimum
- Operating Conditions: Indoors, 40 to 132ºF, up to 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions: 0.4" H x 2.3" W x 0.8" D
- Weight: 0.4 oz
- Supply Voltage: 5 VDC, 50mA
- Certification: FCC, IC Canada