There is also a "Normally Open" version of this Load Controller on this page.
Now you can INSTEON control and program 220V heavy duty appliances up to 30 Amps from Indigo.
The INSTEON 220V / 240V 30 AMP Load Controller Normally Closed Relay (Dual-Band) lets you efficiently control the use of heavy duty appliances and take a step towards saving energy and cutting down on utility costs. It allows you to use other INSTEON devices to remotely control appliances that run on higher voltage, up to 30 Amps in a normally open state. Of course,you can also have control via Indigo 4 Pro, the number one Mac home automation application. You can also use the local 'Set' button to toggle the attached load on and off. The relay comes with pre-configured wires and mounting hardware. There is no need to open the box for installation, simply identify the labeled wires and connect one set to your breaker panel and the other set to the high current appliance. This switch also uses INSTEON Dual-Band technology, which sends and receives INSTEON powerline and wireless radio frequency (RF) signals. This allows it to work as a phase bridge for superior signal reliability and as an access point for INSTEON RF and battery powered devices.
Once everything has been wired, you will have a manual on and off switch for local control in the box. For remote On/Off control of your 220V appliance, simply link the INSTEON 220V / 240V 30 AMP Load Controller (Dual-Band) with any other INSTEON device that you wish to control the high current appliance. Of course, using Indigo, you will also be able to set up even more sophisticated date/time schedules and trigger actions. Envision being able to schedule times for your pool pump to run or being able to turn it On or Off at the touch of a button. Imagine having the ability to shut off your water heater from a keypad on your way out the door or remotely while you are on vacation.
Your air conditioner, pool pump and water heater all operate on higher voltage, requiring large amounts of energy to operate. The INSTEON 220V / 240V 30 AMP Load Controller Normally Closed Relay (Dual-Band) lets you efficiently control the use of heavy duty appliances and take a step towards saving energy and cutting down on utility costs.
Required Accessories - Depending on your particular application, you will likely need:
Installation should be performed only by a qualified electrician or by a homeowner who is familiar and comfortable with electrical circuitry. If there are any questions, consult an electrician.
- 4 to 6 large red wire nuts
- 3/4" conduit between the product and a near-by junction box
- Suitable junction box for connection to existing wiring
- Mounting screws
- Color: Grey enclosure
- Warranty: 2 years
- Application LED(s): Load Active (LED follows relay)
- Local Control: Yes
- Load Sense: No
- Power Restore: Configurable, Default is "restore" (other options are ON as well as OFF)
- INSTEON Addresses: 2 hard-coded (1 for AccessPoint, 1 for Relay)
- INSTEON Links (max): 417
- INSTEON Minimum Transmit Level: 10mV
- INSTEON Messages Repeated: Yes
- INSTEON RF: Yes
- INSTEON RF Range: 100' minimum, open-air
- INSTEON Powerline Minimum Transmit Strength: 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON Powerline Minimum Sensitivity: 10 mVPP nominal
- Operating Environment: Indoor
- Operating Temperature Range: -4° F to 122° F (-20° C to 50° C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0-85% Relative Humidity
- Dimensions: 8" x 5" x 7 3/8"
- Weight: 1.40 lbs
- Input Power Voltage: 60 Hz, 220/240 AC Volts (+/- 10%) - Two 120-Volt split-single phase electrical lines
- Input Power Voltage Phase Type: Split, single phase - connections only to leg A and leg B (no neutral connection)
- Maximum Load: 30A @ 240 Volts (resistive loads only)