Have the TV automatically set the room lights when turned on.
Imagine converting your every day electronics into Indigo/INSTEON triggers. Turn a TV into a scene trigger (TV on = dim the lights down 50% and close the drapes). With the SynchronLinc it's possible to do this and more. Just plug whatever you want to be your trigger into the outlet on the SynchroLinc and link it to other INSTEON responders in your home.
The SynchroLinc is very easy to setup. Just plug in any lamp or appliance (up to 15 Amps) into the SynchroLinc, and then link it to any INSTEON-compatible receiver (such as a SwitchLinc, LampLinc, or ApplianceLinc). Now when you turn the lamp or appliance that is plugged into the SynchroLInc On and Off, the linked INSTEON device(s) also turn On and Off instantly.
How it Works
In the Usage Example to the right the SynchroLinc is detecting power to a TV. When the TV is turned on a command is sent over existing power lines to an ApplianceLinc which has a standard power strip plugged into the controlled outlet at the bottom. The power strip is feeding power to home theater components such as a DVD player and gaming console - this prevents vampire power usage from devices that are not in use.
Note: It is common for home theater electronics to go into a standby mode when turned "off". This means that using solutions such as the one mentioned above, you can reduce the amount of power that devices use when in standby mode.
- Brand: Smarthome
- UPC: 813922010688
- Warranty: 2 years
- Operating Environment: Indoors
- Operating Temperature Range: 40° F - 132° F
- Operating Humidity Range: 0% - 85% relative humidity
- INSTEON Addresses: 1 hard-coded out of 16,777,216 possible
- Maximum # of Scenes: 1
- Maximum # of INSTEON Links (Total of Controller and Responder): 25
- INSTEON Powerline Minimum Transmit Strength: 3.2 Vpp into 5 Ohms
- INSTEON PowerLinc Maximum Sensitivity: 10 mVPP nominal
- INSTEON Messages Repeated: Yes
- Input Power Voltage: 120 Volts (+/- 10%)
- Surge Protection: Surge resistant to 250 VAC
- Certification: Safety Tested for use in USA and Canada (ETL #3017581)